Sunday, April 15, 2012

Just a short Saturday RTE

For the past few years, I have wanted to go to the Moonshine Lunch Run in Moonshine, IL (see http://moonshine-run.com/Moonshine/ for more information) but something has always come up to derail those plans.  This year, I got to ride in the Wish I Were At Moonshine Lunch Run, a plan that was the brain child of my friend David.  He couldn't go this year either.

The plan was a "short" ride up to Sheila's Restaurant, near Cordele, GA...a direct trip of 250 miles for us if we slabbed it but more like 300+ via back roads.  The route looked something like this:





Lunch was outstanding...some of the best catfish and fried chicken I've had in a long time and the pecan pie was off the hook...all for $6.99 AYCE!  We got a chance to see some of our friends from the GA area that we don't see very often. 

While eating, I decided to see if my son Brad had the day off.  When he said he was, my plans changed for the return trip to include a 100 mile trip north to LaGrange to spend some time with him. 

The entire day was over 800 miles and covered most of the day.  A lot of fun and a great day in the saddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment